AFFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for links to products from this post. However, I only recommend products that I personally love and use myself!.
I love the holiday season! I love the smiles on people's faces when you give them a gift that they truly are thankful for and love! I love TRYING to surprise people with my gifts, though I am so impatient that sometimes I can't help myself and give all my gifts out 1-2 weeks before Christmas even gets here. I can't help it, I just love to see happy people! This holiday season, many are choosing to take a different route and handcraft all of their gifts. If that's you, then this 3 post series is just for you! In this first post, I am showing you just how easy it is to DIY gifts for HER! Join the fun and make some gifts with me this year!
Homemaking a gift can mean so much more
I love to handcraft all of the gifts I give out throughout the year! Whether I am invited to a baby shower or a wedding, I always seem to find something awesome that I can put together and give to my loved ones. The look on their faces when they open up a gift that I made with my own two hands, is always worth it. It always seems to mean so much more when it is homemade! This holiday season is no different than the last few! I will be making all of my gifts to give to my favorite people in my life! These are just some of my favorites to make and give away! These are also mostly fool-proof gifts that anyone would love to receive, especially if they are handmade by you!
10 DIY Natural Gifts for Her
- Lip balms – One of the best gifts that I have made for all my girlfriends is fun flavors of lip balms! This gift is great for all ages of girls and can even be made in unique containers including recycled mint tins, recycled glass jars, and even lockets! I also love to make these fruity flavors for the kiddos in my life! Who can forget Lip Smackers from our childhood? The great thing about this gift is it's easy to make a bunch at one time so that you can make enough gifts for all your favorite family members!
- Body & room sprays – Instead of giving them Bath & Body Works gift sets this year, why not make your own body and room sprays that don't contain toxic ingredients! It's easy and everyone is sure to love them! I like to make options from both my Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer scent lines!
- Solid perfume lockets – By far one of the cutest presents that I love to make for my friends, sisters, and mom, are my solid perfume lockets! While this recipe can be made in simple metal tins or glass jars, I find that these are far cuter when poured into something special like a locket! Plus, they're refillable too!
- Bath salts – Bath lovers love a good jar of bath salts! We've talked about all the amazing things you can do with a bath in previous posts like this one, Upgrade Your Bathtime! It's so easy to get a big glass jar, mix up some Epsom salt, dead sea salt, herbs, and a few drops of essential oils! Makes the perfect gift for any bath loving lady!
- Sugar/salt scrubs – Sugar scrubs are such a decadent treat for our skin, I get so excited when I unwrap a gift and find a new variation of sugar scrub inside! I love making sugar scrubs, including this Vanilla Birthday Cake Sugar Scrub that I am still enjoying in my shower today!
- Homemade candles/Wax melts – I love to make homemade candles! I love burning them even more though! We also learned to make oranges and clove soy wax candles recently! If you have friends that are more into their Scentsy wax melts, you can ditch the wick and make wax melts instead! They're super simple and only take wax and essential oils!
- Body butter bars – During the cold and dry winter season, everyone needs a good dose of moisture on their skin! I love to make these body butter bars in fun holiday shapes, like snowflakes and Christmas trees! These bars are ultra moisturizing and will help even the dryest of skin! If you are washing your hands a lot during the winter, these will help!
- Yoga mat sprays – The yogi in your life would be absolutely stoked if you made them their very own yoga mat spray! Used to cleanse and disinfect the mat while also wafting energizing scents throughout their practice space.
- Massage candle – The very first massage candle that I received was a gift that I ended up using until it was totally gone! I was so in love with the concept that I went to work and created my own soy wax massage candles so that I could spread the love around to all of my friends! This gift is great for both guys and girls alike!
- Facial care products – Luxurious skin care products can be so pricey that most of us are elated when they are gifted to us! Even better when you can make 5-star facial care products in your home and gift them to someone you love! I love to make sets for friends, that includes my Facial Cleansing Grains, Moisturizing Toner, Foxy Face Moisturizing Serum, and sometimes even a fancy mud mask!
All information on The Hippy Homemaker is meant for educational and informational purposes only. The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products and/or information are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. Readers are advised to do their own research and make decisions in partnership with their health care provider. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or are taking any medication, please consult your physician.