AFFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for links to products from this post. However, I only recommend products that I personally love and use myself!.
It’s that time of year when the kiddo is bringing home all sorts of viruses from school and I am trying my best to keep him healthy through it all. The problem is, even at my best, he is so picky that it’s nearly impossible for me to find a healthy version of things that he’s willing to try. One of my favorite ways to get him his vitamins and minerals while he is under the weather is with my Flowerchild Immune Support* Electrolyte pops! I combine my Flowerchild Refreshment punch, electrolyte-rich coconut water, and citrus juice, along with mineral-rich salts to make popsicles that help replenish electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals when your kiddo needs them the most!*
Flowerchild Refreshment Punch; an herbal Kool-Aid alternative
With practically every kid’s drink on the market loaded with sugar, artificial sweeteners, and artificial colors, it’s enough to exacerbate any mother. Seriously, I have stood in the juice aisle at Whole Foods, wondering where I could find an affordable kid’s drink that actually promoted health rather than taking away from it. After experimenting further with flavors in herbal teas, I was able to create an herbal tea that tastes like fruit punch and is chock full of vitamins and minerals to help support the immune system!* I call this herbal beverage, Flowerchild Refreshment Punch! The ingredients that I chose to put in this tea are not only tasty but each herb lends their own herbal value. One of my favorite uses for this tea is in popsicles for the kiddo, when he is sick! They’re the first thing he asks for!
Using MegaFood’s Kid’s Daily Immune Nutrient Booster Powder
Sometimes I like to add my elderberry syrup to my popsicles, but the last time I was making up a batch of these pops, I’d just run out of my elderberry syrup. Then I suddenly remembered that I had a jar of MegaFood’s Kid’s Daily Immune Nutrient Booster Powder on hand; it has elderberry along with a few other awesome herbs in it! Ever since MegaFood sent me a jar, I have been going nuts with it and putting it in everything! This stuff is actually REALLY tasty in a simple glass of orange juice too! When the kiddo’s down and out, though, he loves to be spoiled with popsicles and this powder can also be added to them too! According to MegaFood, their Kids Daily Immune Nutrient Booster Powder contains:
- Astragalus and echinacea – Promote and help to strengthen a healthy immune response year round*
- elderberry to help maintain optimal immune health during the fall and winter season*
- Organic Oranges, Blueberries, and Cranberries provide deep pigmented natural phytonutrients for additional antioxidant protection.*
DIY Kid’s Immune Support Electrolyte Pops
- 3 cups Flowerchild Refreshment Punch
- 1 cup coconut water (You can substitute fresh water here if you aren’t a coconut person!)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. raw unfiltered honey or maple syrup (more to taste if the tea wasn’t already sweetened)
- 1/4 Tsp. real salt (not table salt!)
- 2-3 scoops MegaFood Kid’s Daily Immune Nutrient Booster Powder
- Combine ingredients in your blender. Blend until salt and honey/maple are dissolved into the mixture.
- Pour ingredients into popsicle molds and put into the freezer for several hours or overnight, until completely frozen.
- Enjoy as often as possible!
All information on The Hippy Homemaker is meant for educational and informational purposes only. The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products and/or information are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. Readers are advised to do their own research and make decisions in partnership with their health care provider. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or are taking any medication, please consult your physician.