AFFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for links to products from this post. However, I only recommend products that I personally love and use myself!.
Oral healthcare is something everyone should be practicing, if not, it's time to get on it! If you have been wanting to learn to make all of your own oral healthcare products with natural ingredients, you are not alone! After news started spreading about the ingredients going into the toothpaste we buy at the grocery stores, many people, myself included, started looking for healthy alternatives that got the job done! Tonight on the Bohemi Babes show, we're talking natural oral healthcare and showing you just how easy it is to make yourself! Not only will your teeth and gums thank you, but so will your wallet!
DIY Natural Oral Healthcare With the Bohemi Babes
Episode 9 (11/3/15)
Toothpastes, toothpowders, and oilpulling oh my!
There are so many different options for oral healthcare, which is the right one for you? On this episode of the Bohemi Babes, we're talking DIY natural oral healthcare and how to make your own natural toothcare products! Did you know that you could make a toothpaste easily with just a few ingredients you likely have around your house already? Tired of using the normal paste to clean your teeth? Why not try a tooth powder instead? Don't forget to rinse with my favorite alcohol-free mouthwash! For the kiddos (especially the ones who don't spit yet), I like to use an organic (no sugar or sweetener added) strawberry flavor oil instead of essential oils. The kiddo LOVES his strawberry flavored toothpaste! (see below for recipe)
Children's Homemade Strawberry Toothpaste
Syfy absolutely LOVES this toothpaste and I trust that even if he swallows it, it's safe for him to eat! With little kids, it's always good to make sure their toothpaste is made of totally edible ingredients, just in case! This toothpaste is safe for use with all ages of children and babies!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. [eafl id=8623 name=”bentonite clay” text=”bentonite clay”] (optional – This is so great for the teeth, I like to put it in mine, but it makes it look like your brushing your teeth with mud! Be forewarned!)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup xylitol, finely ground (NOTE – this is toxic to pets, please keep this far away from your furry family members!)
- 20-40 drops organic strawberry flavor (this is to taste!)
- Combine coconut oil, baking soda, and xylitol using a spoon or your hand-mixer. Keep in mind, this will be a softer paste in the summer and a harder paste in the winter. If you melt the coconut oil before you make this, you will have to blend/stir the entire thing completely once it has cooled.
- Add strawberry flavor to taste. Keep in a mason jar with a lid, and dip toothbrush into toothpaste BEFORE wetting with water. (If water gets into the toothpaste it may inevitably bring bacteria with it!)
Don’t miss me LIVE Wednesday Nights 9:30 PM CST
It’s so much fun to engage with you and get the chance to really interact! Come join me on Blab Wednesday evenings at 9:30 CST! I would love to see you there! You can read more about my show here!
All information on The Hippy Homemaker is meant for educational and informational purposes only. The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products and/or information are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. Readers are advised to do their own research and make decisions in partnership with their health care provider. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or are taking any medication, please consult your physician.