AFFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for links to products from this post. However, I only recommend products that I personally love and use myself!.
Who doesn't like pankcakes? It's actually one of the easiest things to make non-dairy/vegan and not have any complainers around. I admit, some vegan dishes can be really crazy experiences for the non-vegan pallete, but not my vegan pancakes. These fluffy cakes of deliciousness are tasty to everyone and no one is ever the wiser that they don't have any eggs or dairy in them.
Have you ever had that moment that you were really craving some pancakes but realized that there were no eggs in your fridge? This recipe is the perfect solution! No one likes to have to take a grocery store trip first thing in the morning, just to have some pancakes…that's what leads us to instead decide to go to IHOP…and though we know they can have some tasty pancakes….we have no clue what they put in those babies! I don't ask when I break down and eat there…but you can bet that I have thought guiltily about it during each bite I took.
Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup water/non-dairy milk (I actually always make my pancakes with coconut milk or dark chocolate almond milk)
- 6 Tbsp. REAL maple syrup (plus extra to pour on top after they're done!)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 16 oz. fresh/frozen blueberries or strawberries or a sprinkle of organic dark chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In a small bowl combine the water/non-dairy milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk the liquid into the dry. The batter should be lumpy, do not over mix it.
- Lightly oil your cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup pancake batter for each pancake (sprinkle fruit/chocolate chips on top at this point if you are doing them) and allow to cook over medium heat until bubbles start forming and popping in the middle of the pancake. Flip pancakes and let cook until the other side is golden brown (approximately 1 minute more).
- Serve hot with Earth Balance and maple syrup; or if you are like my dad, serve with honey!
All information on The Hippy Homemaker is meant for educational and informational purposes only. The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products and/or information are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. Readers are advised to do their own research and make decisions in partnership with their health care provider. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or are taking any medication, please consult your physician.