AFFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for links to products from this post. However, I only recommend products that I personally love and use myself!.
Ginger root is probably one of my favorite herbs in my natural medicine cabinet. It's delicious tasting and extremely versatile; capable of easing nausea, relieving muscle pain, and even supporting the immune system. When I was pregnant with Syfy nausea and vomiting were not just a morning sickness thing. I found myself nauseated nearly my entire pregnancy, but ginger essential oil was my saving grace.
The Complete Book of Essential Oils for Mama & Baby
These last 6 months I have been busy working hard to bring you a complete book on essential oil use and safety for moms, full of recipes that are easy to make and use, no matter the ailment. Whether you are new to essential oils or an old pro, this book is exactly what you have been looking for! The Complete Book of Essential Oils for Mama and Baby is your comprehensive guide to the ins and outs of how, when, and why to blend essential oils for any age or stage of motherhood.
Highlights of The Complete Book of Essential Oils for Mama and Baby include:
- Non-Brand Specific Recipes: choose your own favorite brand of essential oils to use with these simple and adaptable recipes
- Drop Recommendations By Age: essential oil drop recommendations for ages 3–6 months, 6–24 months, 2–6 years, and 6+ years
- 200 Safe and Effective Treatments: for common ailments during pregnancy, delivery, postpartum, and beyond
- Herbal Healing 101: detailed profiles of 30 versatile plants for comprehensive understanding of the medicinal properties, common uses, and precautions for each
The Complete Book of Essential Oils for Mama and Baby brings you remedies for Breast Tenderness, Morning Sickness, Diaper Rash, Cradle Cap, and more.
A FREE Ginger Essential Oil Profile
With its many uses, ginger essential oil is a great oil to keep around, especially while pregnant! Simply taking a whiff of it can help relieve morning sickness and soothe upset tummies! When diluted and rubbed onto the chest, it can help relieve a cough and stimulate the immune system. My new book has 30 pages of essential oil profiles, including ginger! Below is a sneak peek at ginger's profile in my book.
I've used ginger for all sorts of home remedies!
I am a HUGE fan of ginger and love to use it in many of my recipes! These are just some of my favorite recipes that include ginger root or ginger essential oil:
- Elderberry Cold & Flu Syrup
- Muscle Mender Oil and Salve
- Detoxifying Dirty Lemonade
- Headache Tincture/Tea
- DIY Aromatherapy Shower Steamers
- Aunt Flo's Cramps Be Gone Tea/Tincture
- Homemade Herbal Cough Drops
- Homemade Cough Syrup
If you haven't already, don't forget to pre-order my book here!
All information on The Hippy Homemaker is meant for educational and informational purposes only. The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products and/or information are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. Readers are advised to do their own research and make decisions in partnership with their health care provider. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or are taking any medication, please consult your physician.