AFFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for links to products from this post. However, I only recommend products that I personally love and use myself!.
I had originally planned on homeschooling Syfy, but as with all things in life, my circumstances changed and I ended up making the decision to send him to public school after we completed our first year of homeschooling with A Child's World Homeschool Pre-K/Kindergarten Curriculum. That first year of homeschooling with my son was the basis for his continuous success in the public school system now! Every year he is testing way above his grade level in reading, math, and science, and I feel like I have Leah, A Child's World creator, to thank for that.
Leah and I have teamed up to give away one full A Child's World curriculum of choice (Pre-K/Kindergarten, 1st grade, or 2nd grade) to one lucky winner! That's up to a $250 value! Scroll to the bottom of this post to enter to win.
A nature-inspired homeschooling curriculum
You want your children to follow their interests, you want them to get outside every day, and you also want to make sure that your children are learning! You’ve searched for the right curriculum for what feels like forever, and everything you find either has your child filling out workbooks or reciting things over and over again like a little robot. Yuck! All you want is something that lets your curious little explorer follow their heart and fill their heads with joyful knowledge about the world around them. Oh.. and something that doesn’t require a lot of resources other than good old Mother Nature and a few easy-to-find ingredients and objects around your home! If this is you… A Child’s World is just for you and your little one!
Created by a Master Teacher and homeschooling mother of 2
Leah McDermott, M.Ed. is a homeschooling mama of 2, and a former Master Educator who spent her early career working in inner-city public schools, where she realized how little interaction students had with nature and quality literature on a daily basis. It has since become her mission to help parents and teachers around the world bring more natural elements to their children’s everyday learning experiences. She does this mainly through her nature-inspired curriculum, A Child’s World, her one-of-a-kind parent training course Grow Your Natural Learner, and through multiple professional development training programs for educators and parents.
Leah has over 15 years of experience educating and working with children of all ages, from infancy to college years. She has two Masters of Education degrees as a Reading Specialist, K-12 certification, and Curriculum and Instruction Design. She has been featured on The Huffington Post and has been speaking and offering virtual and live workshops for teachers and parents around the world for the past four years.
Get started right away on your natural homeschooling journey
This one-of-a-kind signature program is designed to harness your child’s natural sense of wonder and curiosity for their world, give you an endless supply of activities to put together based on your child’s interests, and encourage imaginative, playful interactions with nature to help your child develop a true love and appreciation for our Mother Earth. Each curriculum you will get everything you need to get your homeschool up and running! Inside A Child's World curriculums you will find:
- Everything You Need – Right at Home – A simple supply list makes it easy for you to create and set up any of the activities from the curriculum with great ease! No special orders or additional supplies needed!
- Help Your Child Connect to the World -Through literature, personal connections, and fun activities, your child will understand their place in the world around them, connecting to others and, ultimately, themselves.
- Develop Your Child’s Unique Creativity -With themes that focus on helping your child understand their uniqueness, they will embrace their creative selves and develop a personal sense of curiosity, creativity, and joy!
- Support and Inspiration – All purchases come with access to the Your Natural Learner Facebook support group, where you, Leah, and lots of other families provide inspiration to follow your child’s lead, encourage their own interests, and feel confident that you’re teaching them meaningful material!
- Professionally Designed – With two Masters of Education in Reading and Curriculum Writing, dual teaching certifications, educator awards, and (most importantly) being a homeschooling mom of a two, this curriculum is designed by an author with the most specific professional and personal qualifications!
- Accessible Downloads – A Child's World curriculums are available for download immediately! No waiting for the mail- you’ll have everything you need within minutes. The curriculum is broken down by individual themes inside the seasonal folders, making it easy and quick to access exactly the section that you are looking for!
Syfy thrived on A Child's World Pre-K/Kindergarten curriculum
While I would have liked to homeschool longer than Preschool and Kindergarten, life had its own plans and my circumstances changed, but Leah's curriculum built the foundation and love of learning that Syfy has taken with him through 1st, 2nd, and now 3rd grade. He thinks creatively to solve problems, reads well above his grade level, and is very good at solving math problems. By the time he was put into public school, Syfy was beyond prepared for the public school curriculum. One thing hasn't changed since Kindergarten though, he still wants to be a YouTuber when he grows up! The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree! 🍎😍
We're giving away one curriculum of your choice!
Leah and I have teamed up to giveaway a full curriculum of your choice! There are multiple ways to enter in the widget below! Don't forget to come back for the daily entries!