AFFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for links to products from this post. However, I only recommend products that I personally love and use myself!.
My dad used to tell me that he hated cauliflower because it was so “bland-tasting,” but I have always been a big lover of cauliflower. I wanted to show him that cauliflower could be super flavorful and delicious, and came up with this recipe to surprise him with these nuggets of goodness! It worked because we all ended up fighting over the last nuggets on the table! Even the kiddo, a staunch vegetable hater, loves these nuggets!
Cajun Fried Cauliflower Nuggets
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut in medium sized florets
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour (white flour can be substituted)
- 1 Cup Cornmeal
- 3 Tbs. salsa
- 1 Tbs. salt or garlic salt
- 1 Tbs. Cajun Seasoning
- 2 Cups Water
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- avocado oil – for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch, and water. The idea is for the batter to be the same consistency as pancake batter.
- Mix in the salsa, salt, Cajun seasoning, smoked paprika, and pepper.
- Heat about 1/2 inch of oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dunk the pieces of cauliflower in the batter, completely covering
- Carefully fry in the hot oil, turning each piece to brown all sides evenly.
- Fry the little morsels until golden brown on all sides. It should take a few minutes – this will cook/soften the cauliflower a bit while making the batter golden brown and crunchy.
- Dry pieces on a paper towel, on a plate