AFFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for links to products from this post. However, I only recommend products that I personally love and use myself!.
At the beginning of this summer, I thought it would be prudent to buy myself two 12-packs of organic pumpkin puree, because I just knew that I was going to want to make everything pumpkin as soon as September hit. I thought that I was crazy when I unpacked all of the boxes of pumpkin puree, until I began thinking of all of the pumpkin recipes I wanted to share with you guys! Today's fall pumpkin treat is an easy one and it's the perfect healthy after school snack for the whole family!
Put it in the crockpot and forget it
I get really excited to pull out my crockpot. It's one of those cooking tools that takes all the work out of recipes, and everything tastes better when made in the slow cooker! Applesauce is no exception! In fact, it's one of the easiest recipes that you can make! Simply throw your peeled/cored/chopped apples into the crockpot, turn it on (high for 3 hours, or low for 7 hours), add the rest of the ingredients and let it cook for 25 minutes more, and you have delicious applesauce that you didn't have to slave over!
Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Applesauce
- 12-14 honey crisp apples, peeled/cored/chopped
- 1 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Add the chopped apples to your crockpot, cover, and cook on high for 3 hours. Alternately you can cook this on low for 7 hours.
- Reduce the heat to low and add all the rest of the ingredients; pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, lemon juice, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Stir the applesauce, mixing everything in, and cook covered on low for 20-25 minutes more.
- This applesauce will keep for a week in the fridge, when stored in a sealed container.