AFFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for links to products from this post. However, I only recommend products that I personally love and use myself!.
I love to walk in the doors and smell the faint smell of cinnamon and spices in my home. It makes me feel like the holidays are here when I smell such warm inviting spicy scents floating throughout my house. There are plenty of fabulous recipes out there that you can use to make the same apple pie spice scent float throughout your house, but most of those require the use of a burner and on Thanksgiving day no one has room for one burner on their stove to be used just for potpourri.
Decorations that scent your home
The idea came to me from the pine cones that I had scented for my craft fair table. They had made the entire room smell of cinnamon and spice. It was such a delightful scent floating throughout the room, I thought to myself that these would make a great centerpiece on our dinner table AND scent the room all the while they are looking pretty. The best part about this craft is it take literally a few seconds to find a few pine cones outside your house and a few seconds more to drop a few drops of essential oil onto the pine cones. These pine cone diffusers can sit in a lovely bowl and be dispersed throughout your house to give each room a lovely scent. You don't even have to scent them with holiday scents, you can scent them of the woods or other lovely essential oils too.
DIY Holiday Scented Pine Cone Diffusers
- pine cones
- cinnamon leaf essential oil
- nutmeg essential oil
- clove bud essential oil
- sweet orange essential oil
- peppermint essential oil
- pine essential oil
HOLIDAY AROMATHERAPY BLENDS
For each of these blends, one drop of each essential oil is all that is necessary on the pine cone. If you would like a less intense scent, combine the essential oils in a bottle and then only drop one drop of the blend onto the pine cone.
- Cinnamon Spice - cinnamon leaf essential oil, nutmeg essential oil, clove bud essential oil
- Cinnamint Spice - peppermint essential oil, cinnamon leaf essential oil, clove bud essential oil
- Peppermint Pine - peppermint essential oil, pine essential oil
- Sweet OJ & Clove - sweet orange essential oil, clove bud essential oil
- Oranges and Spice - sweet orange essential oil, cinnamon leaf essential oil, clove bud essential oil
- Spicy Woods - pine essential oil, nutmeg essential oil, clove bud essential oil