AFFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for links to products from this post. However, I only recommend products that I personally love and use myself!.
I don't know about you, but I have trouble forcing myself to wash my face before bed. It's seriously a problem for me! I will forget to take makeup off my face and just fall into bed, regardless. I had to solve this problem because my face wasn't liking my lazy habits. Remembering the makeup remover pads of my teen years, I decided it was time to make my own using ingredients that I knew would be healthy for my skin and not sting my eyes.
Removes makeup without the sting
I've had numerous experiences with drugstore makeup removers being too greasy, stinging my eyes, and generally not getting the job done as anticipated. To top it off, most of them contain ingredients that I am trying to avoid on my skin. I wanted to make makeup remover pads that combine gentle age-defying ingredients that moisturize as well. These makeup pads gently moisturize the skin while removing makeup grease-free! The best part? They don't sting my super sensitive eyes either!
DIY Natural Makeup Remover Pads
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 Tbsp. witch hazel
- 1 Tbsp. unrefined coconut oil, gently melted
- 1 tsp. argan oil (optional – substitute more coconut oil)
- 1 tsp. vegetable glycerin
- organic cotton rounds
- Fill a pint-sized mason jar with organic cotton rounds.
- In a bowl, gently whisk all ingredients together until emulsified.
- Pour the mixture over the cotton rounds, adding more cotton rounds to fill the jar. Push them down to absorb all of the liquid.
- Optional – Remove rounds and individually separate and place back into the jar for easier removal. This doesn't have to be done, but it makes for a cleaner look and feel.
- Use makeup remover pads to cleanse your face on the go, remove makeup, and gently moisturize all at once!