AFFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for links to products from this post. However, I only recommend products that I personally love and use myself!.
I was on the lookout to better my laundry soap recipe with something natural that softens my laundry while cleaning it. Look no further Hippy fans, I have found the answer! This new revelation has added so much softness to my laundry that I can't believe how easy it was! DIY Laundry Softener Crystals, made with only two ingredients; rock salt and essential oils!
DIY Laundry Softener Crystals
I add one cup of this Laundry Softener Crystals to my Homemade Laundry Soap and mix it all together, using the same amount of laundry soap as I usually do. I still fill the liquid softener container in my washer with vinegar as an extra added softener boost in my wash.
- 1 cup ice cream/rock salts ( don't use Epsom salt. The minerals in Epsom salt make the water harder rather than softer and will make your soap ineffective at cleaning. Many aquarium enthusiasts use Epsom salts to harden their soft water!)
- 20 drops Sweet orange essential oil
- 10 drops Lemon essential oil
- 10 drops Tangerine essential oil
- Mix ingredients together and store in a jar with a lid.
Add 1 tsp. directly to your washer or add the cup to your batch of homemade laundry soap.