AFFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for links to products from this post. However, I only recommend products that I personally love and use myself!.
'Tis the season to start making those homemade holiday gifts! Last year my series of posts on making your own holiday gifts went over really well, so I thought this year we could continue the tradition with a few new homemade holiday gift ideas that I have come up with for this year. First up on the list? Mayan Spiced Hot
More antioxidants than any other superfood
Every year I recieve hot cocoa mix as a gift, but it's always the same kind. Plain
This hot cacao is non-dairy, vegan, & grain-free
Unless you are allergic to chocolate or diabetic, this Mayan hot cacao mix in a jar is totally safe to give out as gifts because not only is it dairy-free/vegan, it's also grain-free too! So many people these days have all kinds of diet restrictions, but even with these diet restrictions, you can make one tasty cup of spicy hot cacao!
Homemade Mayan Spiced Hot Cacao Mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk powder
- 1 tsp. arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 3/4 tsp. - 1 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Combine all powders. If you do this in a bowl with a spoon you can add chocolate chips as well, but if you blend it in a blender or food processor, add the chocolate chips after you are done blending.
- Pour the powder mix into your gift jars and decorate with nifty holiday decorations!
Combine 2-3 Tbsp. of cocoa mix with 8 to 12 ounces hot water or milk.