AFFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for links to products from this post. However, I only recommend products that I personally love and use myself!.
With the upcoming release of my newest book, “The Beginner's Guide to Essential Oils: Everything You Need to Know to Get Started,” I am a little over-excited to share all the great recipes that I put together in this book, so I decided to give you guys ANOTHER sneak peek! I polled Hippy Lovers on Facebook and y'all picked…drum roll, please…Trashcan Deodorizer Tablets! Scroll down to the bottom of this post for this awesome recipe from the book!
30 ESSENTIAL OIL PROFILES + 10 CARRIER OIL PROFILES
When choosing 30 essential oils to profile in this book, I decided to pick my favorites that are super versatile but also affordable! There are a lot of great essential oils, but some can be a lot more expensive than others. I know that if you are just starting out your essential oil learning journey that it's a lot easier if you are able to afford the essential oils that are used in the recipes in this book! I have also profiled 10 of the most popular carrier oils to help you learn which are great for all your essential oil diluting needs!
100 RECIPES FOR HEALTH, EMOTIONAL WELL-BEING, AND AROUND THE HOME
What would a great essential oil book be without recipes to get you started using your oils for yourself, your family, and even your home! This book consists of 100 recipes divided into five categories for your:
- Physical health
- Emotional well-being
- Personal Care
Trashcan Deodorizer Tablets
Baking soda is a natural cleaning favorite when it comes to deodorizing the home. When combined with the refreshing scents of lemongrass and lavender, these tablets guarantee your trash can will never smell the same again.
SAFE FOR ALL AGES
- 1 cup baking soda
- 10 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 Tbsp. filtered water
- 1/4 cup silicone molds or mini muffin tin
- Wearing rubber or latex glove, mix the baking soda and essential oils in a medium-size bowl, breaking up any lumps with your fingers.
- Add water to the mixture 1Tbsp. at a time, and continue to mix using your gloved hands until it packs together (like a snowball) without crumbling.
- Tightly pack the mixture into silicone molds or mini muffin tins, and leave overnight to dry and harden.
- Leave one tablet in the bottom of a trash can before inserting a new bag. Replace tablets once a week.